Skills & Interests
python, pydata stack, node.js, debian linux, scrum
IoT sensing, automation & controls; energy systems analysis / modeling, spatial analysis, transit, distributed renewables, EV integration, demand response, air quality, China, international development
- UC Berkeley Berkeley, CA: Jan 2019 - Present
- CIEE McQuown Fellow / Graduate Student Researcher
- Lead Energy Systems modeling and analysis for EcoBlock
- LBL International Energy Studies Group Berkeley, CA: Jan 2018 - Present
- Graduate Student Researcher
- Project lead for development of Dispatch transportation electrification model
- Weave Grid San Francisco, CA: June 2019 - Aug 2019
- Product & Strategy Intern
- Assist CEO and CTO to refine and build MVP product for electric vehicle fleet charging optimziation. Write proposals for utility pilot projects, institutional grants, and accelerators.
- QLEAR.io Shanghai, China: Aug 2016 - June 2018
- Head of Product
- Product Manager for the QLEAR IoT Platform, in charge of product roadmap / strategy, overseeing software development teams and development cycle, as well as representing QLEAR in media and industry events.
- Henry Luce Foundation Kunming, China: June 2015 - August 2016
- Henry Luce Scholar / Project Manager
- PM for anerobic digestion pilot project developed with Yunnan Normal University using local foodwaste to produce bio-methane and organic fertilizer for local public transporation and agriculture.
- Lucid Oakland, CA: January 2014 - May 2015
- Technical Operations Administrator
- Provide tooling and infrastructure support for software engineering team. Also assist with the quality assurance of three product codebases, working on a weekly agile sprint cycle
- Oberlin College Oberlin, OH: June 2012 - July 2013
- Sustainable Technology Research Fellow
- Responsible for the technical management of the Oberlin Dashboard Project, comprised of hundreds of real-time sensors and embedded systems throughout the College and city monitoring resource consumption. Manage team of student employees and act as a technical resource for community outreach projects.
- Novell Provo, UT & Paris, France: Summer 2007, June 2010 - July 2013
- SUSE Linux Advantage Support Engineer
- Tier II Support engineer for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Open Enterprise Server, & Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Provide individual support to priority enterprise customer accounts. Work personally with development engineers to provide rapid hotfix turn arounds.
- Groupwise / Pulse Backline Engineering Intern
- Technical Services France
- Customer Support / Network Engineer
- 2015 Henry Luce Scholar - Henry Luce Foundation
- 2008-2010 Volunteer Missionary, Montreal, Canada - Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints
- 2003 Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America